Manual Motor Starters (MMS) are protection devices for the main circuit. They combine motor control and protection in a single device.
MMS are used mainly to switch motors manually ON/OFF and protect them and the installation fuse less against short-circuit, overload and phase failures. Fuse less protection with a manual motor starter saves costs, space and ensures a quick reaction under short-circuit condition, by switching off the motor within milliseconds.
ABBs Manual Motor Starters can be equipped with many other accessories. Connection links ensure that the ABB Manual Motor Starter can be connected to ABB Block Contactor and Soft starters easily and wiring-free.
The ABB Manual Motor Starter covers a range up to 100 A for motors protection up to 45 kW / 400 V.
Manual Motor Starter with a short-circuit service breaking capacity Ics of up to 50 kA
MS116 is a compact and economic range for motor protection up to 15 kW (400 V) / 32A in width of 45 mm.
MS450/MS451 cover the range from 15 kW (400 V AC) / 32 A to 22 kW (400 V AC) / 50 A in a width of 55 mm.
MS495 are for the protection of bigger motors up to 55 kW (400 V) / 100 A in a width of 75 mm.
High performance Manual Motor Starter with short-circuit service breaking capacity Ics of up to 100 kA
MS132 is a compact and powerful range in 45 mm width for motor protection up 15 kW (400 V) / 32 A.
MS496/MS497 are for the protection of bigger motors up to 55 kW (400 V) / 100A in a width of 75 mm.
High performance Manual Motor Starter for special applications with short-circuit service breaking capacity Ics of up to 100 kA
MS325 is a high performance Manual Motor Starter up to 12.5 kW (400 V) / 25A and with a very low "energy let through"-value. In addition, special versions for SMISSLINE available.
Characteristics of Manual Motor Starter range
- Overload protection – trip class 10 or 20
- Phase failure sensitiveness
- Disconnect function for safety isolation of the installation and the supply
- Temperature compensation from -25 … +60 °C
- Adjustable current setting for overload protection
- Suitable for three- and single-phase application
- Trip-free mechanism
- Lockable handle*
- Auxiliary contacts for lateral (HK, HKS)
- Auxiliary contacts for front mounting (HKF)
- Signaling contact for lateral mounting (SK)
- Short-circuit signaling contacts for lateral mounting (CK)*
- Undervoltage release (UA)
- Shunt trips (AA)
- 3-phase bus bars (PS)
- Power in-feed blocks (S)
- Locking devices*
- Door mounting kit (DMS)*
- Cubical Mounting Set (MSMN+Shaft+MSHD)
* selected devices only