A new way of exterior painting.
The unique design and configuration of the wall mounted FlexPainter IRB 5500 has created the largest and most flexible robot working envelope of any exterior car body paint robot.
It takes two FlexPainter IRB 5500s to handle jobs that up until now have required four paint robots. The results are lower cost, both initially and in the long run, faster installation, high uptime and reliability.
The FlexPainter IRB 5500 is specifically designed for ABB’s efficient FlexBell Cartridge System (CBS). The loss during color change is close to zero. It is the best solution for non-batch painting and multiple colors.
- Faster return on investment
- Improved reliability of a complete automation system
- Increased flexibility for new processes and new vehicle models
- Reduced size and environmental impact of robotic paint booths
- Reduced required booth length and width for a robotic paint system
- Reduced air handling volumes for ventilation
- Reduced emissions from booth exhausts
- Reduced machine programming efforts, in time and personnel requirements