Low voltage replacement breakers are typically either direct replacements, where the EMAX breaker is mounted directly into the switchgear cubicle, or a cradle-in-cradle replacement. The cradle-in-cradle replacement is an increasingly popular option, because it provides the ability to standardize on the ABB EMAX circuit breaker for all low voltage replacements regardless of the switchgear manufacturer. The cradle-in-cradle is a double interface frame with inner and outer interfaces. The outer interface mounts physically and electrically in the switchgear cubicle. The inner interface matches up with the EMAX draw out breaker, allowing for quick and easy installation and removal.
- Easy to standardize on EMAX and reduce inventory across different switchgear types
- Simplifies personnel training and increases personnel safety through standardization
- Fits into and strengthens breaker cubicles that may have settled or shifted over time
- Allows for the replacement EMAX breaker to easily rack into and out of the cubicle
- Avoids misalignments of circuit breaker connections